The eastern Otay Mesa area of San Diego is home to several detention facilities including:
- Richard Donovan Correctional Facility operated by State of California
- George Bailey Detention Facility operated by County of San Diego
- East Mesa Reentry Facility operated by City of San Diego
- East Mesa Juvenile Detention Facility
- Otay Mesa Detention Center operated by Corrections Corp of America for US Marshals Service
Geocon has provided both geotechnical and environmental services for all of these sites. The most recent being the testing and observation of grading for the Otay Mesa Detention Center as well as special inspection for a recreation building.