Senior Project Geologist
Los Angeles, California
Geocon has an opportunity in our Burbank office for a highly motivated individual seeking a senior project-level position to manage geotechnical and engineering geology projects throughout the Los Angeles and Southern California regions. We have a wide variety of public and private sector projects that range from fault hazard and slope stability investigations to tunnel instrumentation. The ideal candidate will have experience characterizing, evaluating, and solving complex geotechnical and engineering geology problems, designing and managing multiple project phases, and overseeing subcontractors and other field personnel. Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative.More +
- Review existing project data and requirements.
- Prepare proposals, budgets, schedules, and reports needed to achieve project goals.
- Conduct investigations to characterize and evaluate geologic & geotechnical conditions, and to identify geologic factors that could impact the design, construction, and/or long-term performance of engineered structures.
- Install, maintain and monitor geotechnical instrumentation.
- Perform client coordination and provide clear client communication
- Attend client meetings, as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Geology
- Professional Registration, PG required, (CEG preferred)
- Minimum 7 years of experience.
- Proficient in geologic field mapping, trench and downhole logging, and geotechnical logging and sampling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Valid California drivers’ license, current DMV printout, and vehicle for use to travel to various sites
- Must be a good physical condition, able to lift 40 lbs.
This is an immediate opening in our Burbank office. For immediate consideration please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Affirmative Action Participant EOE.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.