San Diego, California
Geocon is a dynamic Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Services, Engineering Geology, and Construction Inspection firm with 9 offices throughout Northern and Southern California. We have an immediate need for a dedicated and professional Special Inspector for a wide variety of public and privately funded projects throughout the San Diego area. We are looking for a person with a positive attitude and who is organized, computer literate, detail-oriented, and works well under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a willingness to travel, commitment to client service, professionalism, accuracy, and for whom workplace health and safety are imperative.More +
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Caltrans certifications preferred but not required
- ICC certifications (Concrete and Masonry required; Structural Steel and Bolting, Structural Welding, Fireproofing and Commercial Building Inspector preferred but not required)
- DSA Masonry certification preferred but not required
- CWI certification preferred but not required
- IFC Firestop certification preferred but not required
- Valid California drivers’ license with a clean record (current DMV printout required)
- Personal truck or SUV for use to travel to various sites
- Must be able to pass a physical and routine drug tests
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a routine basis
Competitive compensation, expense/mileage reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options, company provided life and disability insurance coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, training and development opportunities, company picnics, holiday parties, and a friendly working environment. Compensation is based on level of experience and current certifications, pay range $20-$46.50
For consideration, please submit your resume to Scott Vacula, Director of Field Services at email.
Established in 1971, GEOCON is a dynamic Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Services, Engineering Geology, and Construction Inspection firm with 9 offices throughout Northern and Southern California. GEOCON is ranked on ENR’s TOP 500 Design Firms year after year. We work on a wide variety of projects ranging from new and innovative school campuses to major transportation projects which help maintain infrastructure and alleviate traffic congestion in California.