Bay Area, California
Geocon, a full-service environmental and geotechnical consulting firm has an opportunity for highly motivated individuals seeking a project-level position to assist with environmental consulting projects for a wide variety of public and private sector clients. The ideal candidate will have experience performing multiple project phases ranging from investigation to remediation with an overall career path towards senior project and client management. The desired candidate will also have the ability to perform independent hands-on fieldwork, and oversee subcontractors and other field personnel. Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, excellent communication skills, and commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative.[expand title=”More +” swaptitle=”Less -“]
- Perform environmental site assessments (Phase I and II ESAs)
- Assist in the development of scopes of work, perform site investigation coordination, oversee subsurface exploratory borings and trenches, install and sample groundwater monitoring wells, etc.
- Assist in the development of laboratory testing programs
- Complete test trench and boring logs, prepare geologic cross-sections, maps, and other illustrations
- Preparation of reports of findings
- Assist in the preparation of remedial alternatives evaluations, cost estimating, remedial action plans, community participation plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or Engineering
- Professional Registration (PE or PG) preferred
- Graduate level education preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with field investigations and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training required
- Valid California drivers’ license, current DMV printout, and vehicle for use to travel to various sites
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a routine basis
This is an immediate opening in our Livermore office. For immediate consideration please email resume to Kim Goodrich, Business Development Manager, email@example.com.
An Affirmative Action Participant EOE
Competitive compensation, expense/mileage reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options, company provided life and disability insurance coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, training and development opportunities, company picnics, holiday parties, and a friendly working environment. Compensation is based on level of experience, pay range $36-$50.50.