Staff Engineer or Geologist
Established in 1971, GEOCON is a dynamic Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Services, Engineering Geology, and Construction Inspection firm with 9 offices throughout Northern and Southern California. GEOCON is ranked on ENR’s TOP 500 Design Firms year after year. We work on a wide variety of projects ranging from new and innovative school campuses to major transportation projects which help maintain infrastructure and alleviate traffic congestion in California.
Geocon’s Riverside County office is seeking a Staff Engineer or Geologist with strong field and project management experience. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, a cooperative approach to your work with team members and clients, and a strong sense of responsibility and service are required.More +
- Tasks will be performed under supervision of Project Geologist or Engineer
- Performing field support for earthwork projects
- Performing soil tests in laboratory as part of training process
- Performing field testing as part of training program
- Performing various field tasks for geotechnical investigations such as site mark out, permitting, drilling, test pitting, fault trenching, percolation testing
- Compiling various reports for percolation investigations, pavement investigations, geotechnical investigations
- Performing material submittal reviews*Candidate should be on the registration path
*Previous construction experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Registration not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Team player and have a strong sense of responsibility to fellow coworkers.
- Valid California driver’s license
- Vehicle for use to travel to various sites, suitable for off-road use on undeveloped and grading sites.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug screen, able to lift 40 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
Competitive compensation with an hourly compensation ranging from $25.00 to $30.00 per hour commensurate with experience and professional registration, expense/mileage reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options, company provided life and disability insurance coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, training and development opportunities, and a friendly working environment.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Lisa Battiato, Senior Geologist and Regional Manager, at email@example.com