Project Level Engineer or Geologist
Established in 1971, GEOCON is a dynamic Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Services, Engineering Geology, and Construction Inspection firm with 9 offices throughout Northern and Southern California. GEOCON is ranked on ENR’s TOP 500 Design Firms year after year. We work on a wide variety of projects ranging from new and innovative school campuses to major transportation projects which help maintain infrastructure and alleviate traffic congestion in California.
Geocon’s Riverside County office is seeking a Project Level Engineer or Geologist with strong field and project management experience. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or geology, as applicable. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, a cooperative approach to your work with team members and clients, and a strong sense of responsibility and service are required.More +
- Reviewing existing project data and requirements.
- Preparing proposals, budgets, schedules, and reports needed to achieve project goals.
- Managing the geotechnical components of public works and land development projects, oversight of project engineering technicians, interaction with clients and construction team.
- Conducting investigations to characterize and evaluate geologic & geotechnical conditions, and to identify geologic factors that could impact the design, construction, and/or long-term performance of engineered structures.
- Performing client coordination and provide clear client communication
- Attending client meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Registration not required
- 5 years of experience including practical project and field experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Team player and have a strong sense of responsibility to fellow coworkers.
- Valid California driver’s license
- Vehicle for use to travel to various sites, suitable for off-road use on undeveloped and grading sites.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug screen, able to lift 40 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
Competitive compensation with an hourly compensation ranging from $34.00 to $52.50 per hour commensurate with experience and professional registration, expense/mileage reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options, company provided life and disability insurance coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, training and development opportunities, and a friendly working environment.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Lisa Battiato, Senior Geologist and Regional Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org