Project Level Engineer or Engineering Geologist
San Diego, CA
Looking to spice up your geotechnical engineering life? How about helping us with projects like Manchester Pacific Gateway downtown, Chula Vista Convention Center on the bayfront, conversion of 9 holes of Riverwalk golf course, Beyer Boulevard on the San Ysidro landslide, conversion to mid-rise BioMed facilities in Torrey Pines and Sorrento Mesa, stabilizing landslides in Otay Ranch and Fanita Ranch and designing substations and transmission lines for SDG&E. We are looking for geotechnical engineers or engineering geologists that can manage projects like these for our San Diego office.
Established in 1971, GEOCON is a dynamic Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Services, Engineering Geology, and Construction Inspection firm with 9 offices throughout Northern and Southern California. GEOCON is ranked on ENR’s TOP 500 Design Firms year after year. We work on a wide variety of projects ranging from new and innovative school campuses to major transportation projects which help maintain infrastructure and alleviate traffic congestion in California.More +
- Reviewing existing project data and requirements.
- Preparing proposals, budgets, schedules, and reports needed to achieve project goals.
- Conducting investigations to characterize and evaluate geologic & geotechnical conditions, and to identify geologic factors that could impact the design, construction, and/or long-term performance of engineered structures.
- Performing client coordination and provide clear client communication
- Attending client meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geology
- Professional Registration, PE/GE/CEG preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Valid California drivers’ license and vehicle for use to travel to various sites
- Must be a good physical condition, able to lift 40 lbs.
An Affirmative Action Participant EOE
Benefits and salary based on experience.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Shawn Weedon, Sr. Engineer, at email