Senior Level Geologist/Environmental Engineer/Environmental Scientist
San Diego, California
Geocon is seeking a Senior-level geologist/engineer/scientist to assist and manage environmental consulting projects for a wide variety of private and public sector clients. The ideal candidate would have at least 12 years of experience, including several years of Southern California experience, performing environmental assessment and investigation, risk assessment, remedial alternatives evaluation and design/planning, and cleanup implementation and/or oversight with land development and downtown redevelopment projects. They would have the ability to evaluate sites, available data and information, develop plans for next steps, and be familiar with state and local regulations (e.g. DEH, DTSC, RWQCB). Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative.More +
- Perform and/or manage Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, asbestos and lead surveys, and other soil, soil vapor, and groundwater investigations.
- Prepare site assessment reports, soil management plans, remediation plans and reports, and proposals and statements of qualifications.
- Coordinate permitting and subcontractors, oversee subsurface exploratory borings/trenches, install and sample soil vapor and groundwater monitoring wells, etc.
- Develop and maintain a growing client base.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Civil (Environmental) Engineering or related science field.
- Professional Registration (PG, CEG, CHG, or PE) is required.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in environmental consulting.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER and current 8-hour annual refresher certification.
- Experience interacting with clients, functioning on cross-disciplinary teams, and managing subcontractors.
- Valid California drivers’ license, current DMV printout, and vehicle for use to travel to various sites.
- Able to pass drug screening, background check, and physical exam.
This is an immediate opening in our San Diego office. For consideration please email resume to Troy Reist at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Affirmative Action Participant EOE.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience, pay range $40-$79.50