IT Support Tech
San Diego, California
Geocon Incorporated is looking to hire an experienced IT Support Technician to join the IT Department in San Diego HQ location; the position is responsible for providing support to the end-user on hardware, software, and network-related problems, answering end-user questions, and providing problem resolutions with users.More +
- Provide technical support across the company (either by phone, video, or in person)
- Create, add, and modify O365 users accounts
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, network, printers, and scanners
- Understanding of virtual desktop environment and remote desktop technology
- Identify, troubleshoot, resolve, and document end-user system issues requests
- Repair and replace equipment as necessary
- Open and follow up with tech support from vendors such as internet providers, cloud solutions, consultants, etc.
Minimum two years of relevant experience in a help desk/IT support role
Certifications such as A+ / Network + / Microsoft are preferred but not required
Experience in the set-up, configuration, and use of computer hardware, software, and networks
Ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical employees
Quick analytic response to resolve issues in any situation
Self-motivated and willing to learn, as well as always find the solution
Advanced level knowledge in the use of all office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Basic understanding of Cloud Solutions & Cloud Computing
Knowledge of wireless networks, maintenance and troubleshooting
Knowledge of video conference systems, cell phones, smartphones, iOS, iPadOS, and other common hardware devices and software
Experience providing remote support via phone and remote-control applications desired
Experience supporting and configuring iPads/iPhones/smartphones.
A background check will be required
The ability to work under pressure with numerous tasks handled simultaneously
Be able to lift at least 50 lbs. individually
The position will require travel between multiple So. Cal. Locations.
Willing to learn and adapt to new technologies, you will have the opportunity to learn about all computer systems and any of our technologies when looking to expand your knowledge and career to another internal IT position
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $24-26 per hour
Schedule: 8-hour shift (Monday to Friday)
Multiple Locations Support. Travel between offices when needed.
Contact: For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter to:
Nelson Carter, Director of IT, carter(at)geoconinc.com In the subject line, please include: “your name – Resume for IT Support Tech”